Wednesday 28 April 2010

A very sad day



A very sad day today, the Aldeburgh Boatyard caught fire this morning and is a total loss. No one was injured but four boats were lost together with archive material that cannot be replaced. I will never forget working at the old yard at weekends and holidays or Peter's patience in teaching me how to repair boats. I hope he has the determination to rebuild and carry on.







On a more cheerful note 3434 is as finished as she will be this year. Despite a major disagreement with a new slot gasket, mkII worked and we raced on Saturday. Not Baggy T weather but still great to be on the water.








I didn't like the navy blue colour scheme, so after a few hours in the garage and she is now a pleasing shade of red. Hoping for more wind this weekend.
I'm still waiting for Bobtail's new sails to be finished and will then sort out her rig ready for a late spring launching party.

No comments: