Saturday 29 November 2008

3 weeks Work








A slow week but I have finished stripping varnish on the starboard inside half of the boat! So far I have removed 12 pounds of burnt varnish/ dust from the boat.Only 3 broken ribs to replace on this side. I think she has cleaned up pretty well and am very pleased with progress so far..... Turned round and started on the port side.

However I have noticed some rot in the bottom of the transom which has been covered by an old repair- fibreglass and P38 ! Only thing to do is remove transom and carry out a proper repair. Incredibly nearly all the screws came out without too much trouble and with no damage to the planks. My carpentry skills are about to be tested in replacing the bottom of the transom. A trip to Aldeburgh Boat Yard is required to see if Mr Wilson has some suitable timber.


No comments: